Saturday 29 January 2011

A Coldplay study day!

A cold walk to the local library for me and my niece, who decided to join me for a study day.
Not too far to walk, but in the cold biting wind it feels longer. It's a nice place, small and compact, warm and inviting. It wasn't as quiet as I expected it to be though - not long after we'd secured our 'table' the drilling started. Roadworks outside, on a Saturday! ..great.
Then half an hour later the piano I'd admired on the way in was accompanied by a pianist... and a singer!!
I looked at my niece( who I hoped would take back to South London - tales of the quiet subtleties of east cultured east London!!).. she laughed.

I remember years ago when I though Netto was cool - good family fair with unbelievable bargains! I took her with me once and she laughed her head off at how rough it appeared to her, flour on the floor, rice and sugar burst open!! I laughed too!

Anyway

I got used to the piano to the point I started to enjoy it. Looked out the window at Nisbit House remembered school days - Then thought about Lennie Henry who began piano lessons aged forty - I thought - I never did learn properly - would love to recite a classical piece or two - maybe this person can teach me - I got up and went to see the pianist!
Turned out to be an old friend. - we caught up a bit! he has a Pre Valentine Showcase coming up 13th Feb @Cottons - should be cool
I went back to study - he continued to practice - sublime
He recited a few tunes - over and over -but it was teh Coldplay that got me - I told him I hoped he'd perform it - he got shy

Seriously - follows me everywhere music!!

Anyway - here's the original - enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skUJ-B6oVDQ

No comments:

Post a Comment