Friday 25 March 2016

The Music and Words Award

I would like to thank Sherry Ellis for nominating me to receive this great award!



I am honoured to accept.. it means alot to receive this.. plus..it looks great too!
Now I'm supposed to answer a few questions ... so here goes


Question number 1: What does music mean to you?

Everything.
Music has been a continuous pleasure in my life. I'm a self taught bass player first, and guitarist second. I've enjoyed producing music and have great memories of the many nights I've spent in studios. Music soothes me in a way that very little else can. Rarely a day goes by that I don't listen to music, and what I listen to depends on my mood. Music is a question and an answer .. and never lets me down.
I'm biased perhaps due to my love of music, but musicians are some of the coolest people I know.
They tend to feel deeply.. and I get them.
Lovers of music also... kindred spirits an all that
When I listen to music I'm somewhere else.. transported to another place
Simply put .. It's my thing


Question number 2: What is your first music-related memory?

Wow.. now thats got me thinking... Tough question, but I think it's possibly 'Big Youth, 'Hit the road Jack' playing on the family Gram. I remember we used to stack 7" records which would fall once one record finished playing. Interesting invention. The song scared me witless. don't ask me why as I really don't know.
Growing up my parents used to have friends visit and they'd dance in the front room as my brother selected the tunes. They seemed so happy being adults an all..I'd sit on the stairs for as long as I could in my nightclothes enjoying the vibe before being told to go to bed.




Question number 3: What was the first album you purchased?

Okay this is fairly easy. It was UB40 1 in 10!.
Great album..
I used to love the album cover.( It was the signing on form).
Creative.. 1 in 10 people were unemployed at the time ( or something like that)
In truth I didn't have to purchase many records as my brother stored the music collection in my room, so I literally had hundreds to choose from. But.. UB40?... yep, that was me. I guess compared to the selection around me it was 'reggae lite'... but I resonated with it. Very 'British multicultural social commentary'






Question number 4: What was the latest music you purchased?

Iyanya Appladise [click]


Yep.. that handsome fella




Question number 5: Which song did you listen to last?

Lutan Fyah
Had the flu.. wasn't feeling too strong

then my fever and I danced to this.. boom...
Tune!!.... Uhuru Uhuru!!



Now I'm supposed to nominate five other bloggers for this award.
All blogs that I love and appreciate, and who share some great music also
They are

I hope they will be happy to receive the award.

Paul at siamrootsical

Alieux at Afrodisia

Chrome at God Is Black

Joey at Capture the Beat

That's 4 I know.. so I may update


No-one is obliged to accept, but those who do are asked to follow the 5 steps below
Here you are...


1.) Link back to the person who nominated you.
2.) Answer the questions with words AND music.
3.) Pass the award on to 5 other people. Make sure you notify them.
4.) Tag your post with #MWA for Music & Words
Award so we can all find you down the line.
5.) Quote these 5 steps and display the award icon
in your post and also on your sidebar if you wish.


Finally, Thank you again Sherry!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Dawna thanks so much for the reward. I'm in the States at the moment and I tried to comment on your blog on my iPad but it wouldn't let me it just kept going on adverts from your side bar. Anyway when I get back to the UK I will give it a go! Thank you. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats !
    Cool post.
    May this Easter brings you lots of happiness, good luck and much more success ! God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajiv , and much joy luck and success to you too!
      happy Easter

      Delete
  3. You're welcome for the award. I think it's a pretty cool one, too. I really enjoyed your answers and listening to all the music!

    ReplyDelete