Sunday 12 June 2011

If...


If I can I will trust you completely
I will make no excuses or keep no secrets
I will be open and honest
Never withholding the truth
Never to deceive or be deceived
Neither token use of platitudes to console you
Or heartless gestures
No
I feel you

If I can I will always respect you
I will support your endeavors absolutely
I will believe in you as you believe in me
And always keep the faith
I will understand your need for space and time
Just as you
Undoubtedly
Understand mine

If I can I will always love you
I will seek no other over you
Desire only you
Neither behind your back or to your face disrespect you
Forgetting the promises I made
Vowed to uphold
Before god and man
Yes I will
If I can
I can
So I will

2 comments:

  1. Nice sentiments behind those words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chilled Leo
    I enjoyed writing this immensely..!! meant every word:)

    ReplyDelete