Thursday 21 April 2011

Do men make better friends than women?

Women do love to talk to their girlfriends.
I met up with a friend who I’ve known forever yet not seen in awhile ( so it really was catch up time) and as we sat outside and chatted at one point she said... “I’m sure you ask that same question every time I see you!”

“Yeah”... I said “Yet I’m still not tired of asking it – or bored of hearing the answer!”
We laughed about that then quickly realised that although I’ve asked her the same question for all these years... I’ve never received the same answer!... which sparked a whole new conversation about making decisions based solely on limited knowledge/what we think we know - past experiences - and disregarding who we may become…
Anyway... that may seem a bit random and out of context but my question is... Do men make better friends than women?? Men appear able to maintain friendships despite changes in social status – financial status – girlfriend’s - marriages - the lot
Women seem to struggle with little things... oh she’s lost more weight than me... oh she’s got a boyfriend... oh she’s single so may try to steal my bloke... odd stuff. Women can be best friends one day... or for years... yet harbour deep down feelings of resentment – or in truth may not really like the person at all (gleaned from passing observations over the years)

Why is this?
Does it depend on age?
I plan to talk to more men about their friendships – what they mean to them and how they're able to maintain them - as it's possible that they experience the same issues - but men being men just don’t talk about them ... at least not as much as women do.

I find that my close friends who I’ve known for many many years stray into the realm of family...It’s very very easy
I’m fortunate - in that I know some cool women though – very strong – very smart- intelligent and funny
So these issues don’t rear their head.. if they did .. I’d run ( perhaps further and faster than Mary Keitany :-)

Anyway readers... - I found this on the net and thought it was funny...


Friendship between Women n Women:
1. A woman didn’t come home one night. The next day she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend’s house. The man called his wife’s 10 best friends. None of them knew about it.

Friendship between Men n Men:
2. A man didn’t come home one night. The next day he told his wife that he had slept over at a friend’s house. The woman called her Husband’s 10 best friends. Eight of them confirmed that he had slept over, and two claimed that he was still there.

ha ha.. does this just prove the scattyness of women??.. forgetting to tell her mates!! - or does it show that men can be far more calculating than we give them credit for??..
Yep - women... we are complex - don't you luv it!!

This may not be totally relevant (times have thankfully changed )but.. I can't resist.. it's a classic..
Very dated attitude but spoke of a time I'm sure..

No comments:

Post a Comment