Sunday 17 April 2011

Why love songs?..why any song?

Love songs are able to put into words the emotions and thoughts that others often find so difficult to articulate
They capture the first feelings of love
Reignite dull passions
And soothe a broken heart

They can provide the backing track to life in that all things are connected to love
(I already have my walk down the aisle track..don't laugh..why not)
When I write I hear music - I see music.. there is music in silence.. if you're still enough

Spend a moment to think of a special time in your life
Somewhere out there a song exists that could express that moment..
So beautifully
People often find it difficult to say what they feel ( in the poll that's been running on this blog not one person answered No.. it was either yes - or - sometimes)
I believe it's far more difficult when emotions are involved
Maybe people are afraid of the response they’ll get
Afraid to look silly
Maybe they harbour a fear of feeling vulnerable
A fear of rejection
well..songs don’t play that game
They just say it as it is
You see there is no shame in feeling love or passion
So why fear it?
No one has ever looked silly for expressing how they feel
Only fools snicker - whisper - sneer
But deep down they wish they had the courage
and could free themselves of the shackles of self doubt and restrictive behaviours
Songs give hope to the hopeless
Replaces cowardice with bravery
Frees the mind from fear

They speak of life
They can say I love you
Need you
Hate you
Want you
I'm sorry
Let's start over
We are over
Whatever...
I believe that if you care about someone
Truly..
You should let them know
trust me - It could go one of two ways
They'll either care back
feel as you do ( great)
Or they won’t
Don't ( C'est la vie!)
Regardless
How will you ever know
If you don't ask
Love is not selfish
It is to be shared
So - to that end - today
I’ll share these two songs with you
But as I do
I would like to set a little task...
And that task is that you tell someone special how you feel about them
Or - you give your partner a compliment you have never given them before..
as though you’re meeting them for the first time
Life can be crap - yeah ..we know
But only if you allow it to be
So
Let’s not allow it
Let's do the things that feel good and make others feel good
Love is unique in that even the people you can’t stand ( in the nicest possible way of course)
Will be loved by someone somewhere
It’s one of the only things that’s possible for us all
And I wouldn’t want it any other way
Happy SMSx



No comments:

Post a Comment