Tuesday 24 July 2012

Let her wash her hair oddball!!!.

Controlling boyfriends are not uncommon, neither are controlling girlfriends.
On the face of it, I see a desire to control as a lack of trust.. or perhaps a fear of something.. an insecurity perhaps, which in itself need not be sinister. Yet.. the outcome can be quite bizarre, and quite scary, and in some cases, tragic.
This is more about the bizarre.

The other day I was taking a walk to my local shop and I saw a woman I thought looked familiar so I smiled and said “hi”
She responded in kind and we entered the shop together
I realised up close I didn’t know her, but no big deal.. it was that kind of day.
She seemed to have seen me before though as she said “ Everytime you see me I bet I look upset don’t I?”
“ and are you ?” I asked
“Yes!” she remarked.
We laughed it off and I went my merry way to find chocolate and orange juice.
Anyway, a while later she found me at the back of the shop...
“there you are....!” she said... “ he doesn’t let me wash my hair!”
“What!?!”.. I knew the ‘he’ must have been her boyfriend immediately but ... ‘what!?!.’.. “Why?”
She didn’t answer
“So when do you wash it then?”
“I washed it before he got up this morning in secret.. see”.. she showed me under her hat.. nice clean looking plait- up ( old school style ) hair.
She went on to say that he takes her money also, and in the morning she’d have to get up really early to get to the post office, to pick it up before he could go with her and take it all.
All I could say was... look after yourself.. which is a stupid thing to say really.. meaningless...as everyone knows that anyway.
I think she was compos mentis but who knows... anyway...I know some pretty stable people who have had quite unpleasant controlling experiences...

I wondered why.. on gods green earth anyone would want to treat another person in this odd way.
Controlling is not that different to domestic violence. In fact.. it is a form of violence really.
Yet can any of us say we're not guilty of it in some way.. hopefully yes.
btw... asking someone to do the dishes.. or take out the bin doesn't count as those are simple requests

Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment