Saturday 19 March 2011

I will..

I sat
At the top of the bus on this bright spring day
I saw
What looked to me like the beginnings of a smile
I glanced
Again in the hope that it was for me
It was
Yet the traffic held no romantic fascination for either one of us
I waved
The only reminder I have is the flicker of panic across your face
I wished
For a moment longer - to know your name - for you to know mine
I should
Have insisted the driver stopped - reversed - held up traffic
I knew
Saturday shoppers on a mission would never understand
I will
Walk that way
Again
Slowly
Observably
You
Will never
Feel lonely
Again
I yearn
To be close
To you
Until then
I shall listen to this
And think
Of you
Yes
I will

2 comments:

  1. Well. Well. Glad for the Profile. Reflections of a missionary of unite Hearts. Hearty the event and Impressive the narration. Hope continue. Thank you for sharing and with Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Ifinder - it's been warmly received
    Kindest wishes to you

    ReplyDelete