Tuesday 2 August 2011

Fighting the urge to procrastinate..


My duvet said 'stay awhile longer'
My breakfast said 'don’t rush your food'
My bath said – 'enjoy the water'
The clock said – 'it’s time'

My energy said 'you need to recharge'
My dressing gown said 'you don’t need clothes'
The TV said 'watch me'
My clock said 'you blow'

My conscience said 'you know better'
My garden said 'sit in me'

‘No’ said I
‘Enough already’
The lure of nothingness so captivating
So blinding
That it’s with every fibre of my being that I finally get off this 'blinkin' chair
Turn off, ‘Everybody loves Raymond’, and start to pack away what I can

In short...I need to paint this room:)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha i like that. do you go out into the garden for breakfast sometimes? I can never quite decide if I'm a morning person. some days I amble about others I'm super sharp. the clock always beats the duvet.

    so what colours then? pastel for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never used to but I've started to now.. nothing major, just tea and a bagel.. or just tea..
    Got the ceiling done and some of the walls.. got to knuckle down abit earlier tomo..
    Colours? all white.. had enough of the red.. i'm hot enough;)
    Need it cool and calm, fresh!!
    Hope I still feel that way come winter!!!brrrrr

    ReplyDelete