Friday 19 August 2011

Friday roundup.. rasta vibes, rustic lives, pay rises and Big Brother b*****ks

Well it's Friday, and I'm not sure how I feel about the speed in which it's come around. I've managed to cram as many must do's into this week as possible so in that sense, I'm pleased and feel I've achieved a lot.
Still I aim to get beyond things i must do quickly, to things I'd love to do a little more leisurely...yet, time does not work that way.
Time just wont' wait for me, and has little respect for my feelings on the matter.
Over the past few days I spent a bit of time outside of London amidst the greenery of all that is country, and felt...'how lucky are those who live in that environment?'

I've never lived anywhere but London yet as more and more of us are crammed even closer together to provide what everyone wants and needs; a home, it's with a sense of 'wishful thinking' that I find myself wondering what it must be like to live away from it all ... in the country.

However, Truth is, I guess, once you have enough financial backing you can in fact buy that kind of space right here, and not have to go that far at all!!

So I guess what I was reminded of was not how lucky those who live in the country are, but just how much extra funds i really need coming in, and staying in!! funds to call my own to do with what ever I wish.
Some may say, well that's why you work isn't it?.. my answer would be.. for some folk yes, but in reality that number becomes less and less as time passes. That, is a luxury.. but... I'm working on it.

I'm tired, I look like I've been pulled throw a hedge backwards,my eyes? a bit puffy. Yet, I'm content.
Actually, I do know how I feel about it being Friday. It's cool, I hit a few targets, the sun is shining, and I'm grateful for what I have.

*Maybe next year I'll follow little Tommy Tuckers example and get the ****er outta here
I'm thinking Ghana, or one of the Indies would be my preferred choice, but we'll see how it goes*


This tune reminds me of a cool evening abroad. It reminds me of nature, and now whenever I hear it, it makes me feel good, makes me feel okay.




Lucianos version.. ft firehouse crew band.. Love Dean Fraser, If you fancy a concert from the comfort of your home..





Finally back to Coco Tea



*Finally Plus*, there's still alot of 'discussion' around the riots, bumped into The Mayor Boris Johnson on Mare St (Hackney)one morning being interviewed on the topic, very few answers, a man was sadly killed by a shark on his honeymoon, (yet people are still swimming in the seas apparently?!?)The jobless figure is up, students are scrambling to get university places before the 'mad' rise in fees next year, and Big Brother, started yesterday..and can I just ask, what the heck is the Speakers wife doing in there?!?, Hasslehoff's wife (ex?) looks like a lot of fun but other than that, it looks like it'll be a complete load of shite!! and better to be avoided. No black ladies so far but it's probably just as well, as the editors, usually find a way to take the P anyway, plus, they'd probably be first out and get booed.

Hallelujah-it's Fridayx





2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Dawna digging the selection of tunes up in here......I know what you mean about appreciating outside london. I have lived in London for most of my life too and it's not until in my mid to early thirties that am embracing the need for respite outside of this place of chaos and mayhem.

    With the current situation surrounding increased crime and violence, I would most ceratinly consider living outside london at least am gauranteed fresh air, peace and serenity.

    You really have a yearning to go to Ghana I see fingers crossed ypur dreams will surface sooner than rather than later!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit the nail on the head there ChilledLeo, get away from the crime and violence, dirt, grime, crowded spaces. Weekends away are becoming increasing attractive for peace of mind and as a way of recharging the batteries, and gaining a clearer focus

    I guess we all need a balance
    * I suspect this may already be on offer, but I wonder if country tours for urban folk would make a good business*
    I think the long term unemployed would benefit from stepping outside of their situation, and attending back to work and motivational workshops in a stress free environment.

    Yes I hope my dream/s become reality in the not too distant future. My sis always says nothing ever happens beore the time, which is also her way of saying 'be patient and stop fretting!!' lol

    ReplyDelete