Monday 11 June 2012

Girl talk

I’m really enjoying talking to my son at the moment.( well.. I did today anyway:)
I’m pleasantly surprised about what we can actually talk about, and how insightful a young man he’s becoming.
Talking about life and disappointments, I recall telling him not to change. Never to feel as though he has to become like anyone else in order to fit in. Never to feel like a fool for being able to express kindness care or concern towards another, and never to feel as though as a man, his must not show emotion, must be tough, hard callous or cruel.
Even if it may appear ( to him) that ‘girls’ like ‘bad guys’.
No!!!
Grow older and wiser, but never bitter.
Others will do things their way.. you do things your way
I hope I’m not setting him up for disappointment ... I wonder if I really should be telling him to instil a little mean in his system as a kind of antidote to what may lay in store.
It would be a tough transition I think, as he’s not really wired that way, so my advice is.. choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment