Sunday 3 June 2012

Why are you here?

Today, my friend asked me why I’m here.

It’s not something I’d thought of lately, so after a little thought I said something along the lines of, ‘feeling I had a role to play, lives to touch in some way... yet in many ways feeling that my journey, as it unfolds will show me why I’m here.
Much of it for me was about giving

She said she felt the purpose of why we are here is to reach perfection, to learn the life lessons and reach enlightenment. That all things that enter into her life ( our lives) are there to help her reach that point, our love and sex lives included.
Much of it from her perspective, was about being

I think it’s a cool question.

It’s the type of reasoning that could possibly improve our relationships (should we wish it to) with each other and treatment of one another. If we considered that those we meet are on a journey, that they too are here to reach enlightenment, we may see them in a different way, not as enemies, or barriers to whatever we want, but as people learning and discovering who they are.

Still, not all people consider these things, and simply live chips in one hand beer in the other so to speak, and the biggest challenge may be which to consume first.
Or, others may glide from one purchase to another, consuming as much material goods as they can
And that’s okay too... for awhile
There is usually a price to pay

However,I believe at some point in the lives of one... the thought will arise.. the mission ( should they wish to accept it) is to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment