Monday 11 June 2012

Ode to self .. Pt 1

I sat down to write this evening, with the intention of writing a poem. With so many things I want to say.. yet not want to say equally, I thought I'd just put it all down and see what appeared. However, the only thing that came to me was this prayer. Usually, our prayers are a closely guarded. Yet this prayer could be anyone's prayer really... its mine.. but not mine to keep... but to give away... you know what I mean?
To share.

Dear lord
Don’t make me cynical.
Help me to see through the mire with clarity
To cherish my visions and dreams, when others may doubt them
To recognise what’s real and of value
And that which is not
Help me to recognise the blessings you have bestowed upon me and teach me to be thankful
For not that which I can be...but for who I am... now
Help me to show love, when I don't feel loving
To show kindness when I don’t feel like being kind
To listen, when I don’t want to hear
And to be compassionate, when compassion is in short supply

Help me to see myself as part of humanity, but not all.. of humanity
Teach me to conquer my ego and refrain from critical correctness
To recognise that wisdom comes not from what I know, but how my knowledge is applied
Bless me with the courage of a revolutionary
And to find strength where there dwells weakness
Help me to conquer my fears and the fears of others
To find my voice when my tongue is weary
Yet to know the beauty in silence

Teach me to accept myself and others
For we are both our own worst enemy
Yet sure enough, our best friend
Show me the true meaning of forgiveness
and let thy judgement be yours.. and yours alone
That I may continue to be a blessing
steadfast, loyal, cute, and funny
Yes lord there are many things to be thankful for
And many reasons to smile
Remind me often.. to remember that

btw .. apparently the TV went when the red arrows flew over!.. great. thanks guys.

5 comments:

  1. There is always a prayer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful prayer, if you don't mind I think this is one I would like to apply.

    You are truly a beautiful and blessed woman who we all love dearly and unconditionally

    ReplyDelete