Thursday 18 December 2014

Thursday Throwback; Someone asked me...

A few weeks ago.. who was my all time favourite female singer..
I was stumped.. "I can't possibly answer that "..I said..
I love so many, for so many reasons...
But nagging away at the back of my mind was the thought... Gladys Knight .. Gladys Knight.. Gladys Knight

I don't know if it's her voice or simply her songs.. in particular this one.
I used to hear this as a child growing up and loved it then.. and like 'Midnight Train to Georgia'... its just stuck in my heart..

So if I had to answer the question again..I might simply say - Gladys.

..that's indecisive me.. being decisive
Hope you've had a lovely day x



**

8 comments:

  1. So good I listened twice to 'You're the best thing'. She has such an awesome voice. My own favourite of hers (and I remember the 'Buddha' looking out from the 45rpm disc) was 'The way we were.'

    Nice wee trip down memory lane there - thank you Dawna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed Rory! yes 1 listen is rarely enough for me either

      Delete
  2. She's one of my faves too -- such a gorgeous, expressive voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a tough one to answer. Gladys is a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You feel any angst at such a question :) but yes.. I'm happy with Gladys holding the top spot!

      Delete
  4. You can't go wrong with Gladys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Midnight Train to Georgia. I wish I could be a Pip.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete