Monday 31 October 2011

Never been a fan of Halloween

Every year on Halloween I turn off all the lights in my house (as much as possible anyway)and hide..
No not from the 'Goolies and Goblins'.. but the kids trick or treating!
How mean am I?
I've never once given them anything:O!.. I used to think it was purely because I don't believe in Halloween, but I actually think I maybe a bit scared of them to be honest...imagine..little taps on the door all late in the evening..dressed in some scary outfit threatening to pelt my door with eggs if I don't comply!!

Heck.. I'd hide like a mother***** ( if you know what I mean!!)

Well ..today, I thought I'd brave it.. had a change of heart
I played along and had quite an enjoyable time... and how cute were they in their outfits? very cute indeed!! ( don't quite get the panda bear outfit though!! seriously.. come on mum wha gwarn.. poun' shop run out!?:))) i'm kidding, they were all adorable

In fact it got me thinking.
Maybe little activities like this is exactly what we need to keep our communities together, make our neighbourhoods the kind of safe havens we want them to be, sharing in something

The children ( hopefully have something to look forward to and feel a sense of 'place' and belonging, it's nice to see the parents enjoying the time with the children too..

I must be getting soft!!
Anyway.. all my small change has gone so it's ... lights out.. til next year:))

1 comment:

  1. no, you're not getting soft :) I love Halloween and never fail to get a big container of sweets on the way home. get ambushed all the time

    ReplyDelete