Tuesday 20 May 2014

Oyoyo

Sry I haven't even had time to catch up on your posts but I will do soon.. I miss y'all

It's all go at the moment so again I'm just popping in for now.. short and sweet. I had hoped for an ease tonight but another student has requested a book that i'm using so I have to take down all I need from that tonight ready for tomorrow, so the best thing for me to do is to put on something nice in the background, and get on with it

It's okay, It's cool..for everything there is a season

I'm reminded of Ecclesiastes 3
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


To be honest ..I've never given the verse much thought, but it's right up there with 'nothing ever happens before the time.. and so on..
My mums favourite has always been.. 'get up early and do what you have to do..'
Yet she perhaps forgot to mention that in fact.. there's always something to do :)



Anyway.. I'll be popping over to yours soon enough.. hope you're all fine and having a great week so far x

Now, I looked it up and apparently Oyoyo means one is to have patience.. or it may mean someone who is dear to you
Others claim it's a welcome, and some say good times. Yes, It's amazing how one word can mean so many different things.
So unless I'm told otherwise.. it's Oyoyo Tuesday

Welcome Tuesday, I've been patient today, as you were dear to me
now .. roll on Wednesday.. roll on good times

Oh yeah.. it turns out that the security Man U guy from the Arsenal parade isn't from Senegal at all. but that other place that I also like - Sierra Leone.. remember? [click]

Anyway.. better get on with it..
Night night

3 comments:

  1. God must.have wanted me to read this. I wasn't even on your blog.
    I walked in the door from work, took my phone and keys out of my pants pocket put them on my bed, and put some clothes in the washing machine When I returned to my bedroom to check Facebook on my phone, there was this blog entry, staring at me. I'm speechless. I really needed to read this. I've been so depressed lately. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is something. x
    keep the faith as always Alieux.. we all have our time.
    and your joy will re-emerge

    ReplyDelete