Thursday 5 January 2012

The I am... random thoughts..

I'm always reminded that the only person I have any real control over is me.

That as people, it's futile to request trust, honesty, compassion and openness when living in a climate of fear..
Of selfishness..
Of cynicism..
Of bitterness..
That trust, really is a leap of great faith,
Yet when you act from a place of love... that's what really matters

deep down

We do have a responsibility (I believe) to each other..
not to cause willful harm or hurt, but to try to communicate who we are, openly, and honestly
Damage limitation I guess...

I'm always reminded that the I am is of great importance
Knowing exactly who I am, requires the ability to listen, learn and make the occasional mistake/s
Yet... to be true to yourself I believe also brings great rewards

Maybe not straight away... but one day...

4 comments:

  1. like that "Maybe not straight away... but one day...". one day it will all make sense. ultimately we are our own self, lord and master

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day for sure.....

    """I'm always reminded that the I am is of great importance"""..absolutely right too. The danger is when one loses self awarness you ultimately become a prisoner within the confindes of your own being...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes.. Self awareness is crucial to the 'I am'

    ReplyDelete