Wednesday 11 January 2012

Peter Tosh.. things I miss

Some days I miss Peter Tosh....
Just as there are some days I miss my father
there I times when I miss the nature of hope and what it stood for
the nature of honesty and what it stood for
the nature of trust and what it stood for
the desire to be great
and to strive for oneness
and what that stood for
The nature of sisterhood
and what it stood for
Self respect
and what it stood for
love and understanding
and what it stood for
There are times when I look out and miss seeing those things
Wonder if I ever saw them or it it were a mere illusion
Often it seems safer to live within the confines of oneself
Yet who would miss out on all that life has to offer
The sun
The moon
The stars
Love
Well many people do
People who are just... tired
People who recognise that true happiness is created in our interactions and treatment of others
Yet you cannot give
You cannot know
What you are ignorant of
or do not possess
My dad used to say..
Those who know better do better
Yet we live in a time where the opposite is now true ( sorry dad)
Those who know better
Do worse
Justified behind a web of excuses
Of denial
Self obsession
Absorption
Selfishness
Lust
Greed
Jealousy
Bitterness..
Stuck behind a wall of pain
Hidden by a mask of joy
We are responsible for the suffering of our people
Us
Still we trudge blissfully on
Oblivious to the law of karma
Of Newton's law
As we care not
and no longer see it's value
Yeah...
Some days I just miss Peter Tosh...
Don't you?

2 comments:

  1. bless Dawna, this posts resonates. and it was a beautiful full moon last night, worth the look and stare into the sky

    "We are responsible for the suffering of our people" - poignant when I remember it used to be each one teach one. seems there is so much disconnect between our generations, no bridges. by our (in)actions we let down our kids.

    I miss Peter Tosh and my uncle Sunny who used to play Tosh's tapes over and over.

    You have great memories of your father and from your words he was a wise man. Never a truer word spoken and I've resolved myself to do better and hold myself to it. life's too short to amble along

    wish you a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post..!

    Honesty, Integrity and virtue of every kind remain pristine and unchanged.

    It is we who have moved further from God.

    It is we who have altered our attitudes to life, love & relationship.

    It is we that have turned our back on painful reality in favour of convenient fantasy.

    It is we who will have to find our way back home.

    The only way back to the light is through the darkness we have all had a hand in creating..

    Lets begin.

    ReplyDelete