Sunday 5 October 2014

A little on Walter Rodney

The month of October is Black History month In the UK [click]

A person who came to my attention over the holidays was Walter Rodney. Caribbean Pan African Writer and Lecturer.


I realized how little I knew of him, despite hearing his name often, and even having two of his books.. ( including how Europe Underdeveloped Africa)


A good documentary on his life is crying out to be made as I'm yet to see or find one, and his contribution to Pan Africanism across the Caribbean was great indeed. Banned from Jamaica his death at such a young age, is still shrouded in mystery. Some cite the CIA as being responsible, others claim it was an unfortunate accident, possibly self-inflicted.
It was a car bomb.


I've never posted a symposium..
This one attracted me

No comments:

Post a Comment