Monday 20 October 2014

Bucket List Blog Hop

Okay,, so I thought I'd take part in the Bucket list Blog Hop hosted by Sherry Ellis and Susanne Drazic.

thank you both for organizing this x


Taking part in any blog challenge is new to me so I thought... hey!.. why not?.
and then.. I sat down to write it..
It's actually alot more difficult than I thought.. and I'm struggling as the list is infinite!
Still.. I'll do my best..
I'll brainstorm it.. it's getting late, and it's the only way
here goes...



1. Ride a horse ( I absolutely love horses but have never even sat on one!)
2. Visit Sierra Leone, touch the Cotton Tree, say a prayer of thanks, and reflect on what has gone before.


3. Buy a nice plot of land in West Africa and build a home where I'll stay from time to time ( possibly in Salone but I'm still open...so location Tbc)
4. Travel to Liberia (and make a positive contribution to the development of the people) travel to Ghana ( visit the Nkruma museum), Senegal ( (walk along the beach and chill) Nigeria, Zimbabwe..( basically.. there are a few places I'd like to visit including those underground churches in Ethiopia.. but those countries are top of my list.

5. Go to New York and ride in a New York Taxi! ( If i get to share that taxi with Cornel West and have a chat.. even better)
6. Visit the Panzi Hospital in the Congo, learn more about what they're doing to support the women. Speak to the women about their experiences and donate funds
7. Set up and run a successful business ( with enough profits to enable me to donate significantly to specific causes that matter to me both here (UK) and abroad e.g see No. 6.) and still maintain a wonderful quality of life!
8. Write a stage play, screen play, and film script, which changes the way people think and feel... in a good way
9. Earn those millions baby!
10. Get married.. to someone I love and who loves me without question, doubt, or alterior motive
11. Make some great music and be successful in all my creative endeavours
12. Be happy and content
13. Try my hand at being a lecturer at University
14. Write at least one decent book
15. Complete my PhD
16. Buy my dream cars...

for those everyday trips...

and my baby.... ( I'm coming for you..) brum brum.. or rather purrrrrrrrr

17. Learn at least 1 other language. French ( I made a start but want to be confident enough to hold a conversation e.g What on earth would I say if I should bump into Fally!?.. come on girl.. learn the language!) , Krio ( Oddly perhaps, I understand quite a bit, and it feels slightly easier for me) and Twi ( maybe?)
18. Have the home of my dreams ( with a lovely walk in wardrobe, and functioning office)
19. Learn to grow food all year round, helping to keep me and my family fit and healthy
20. Interview Winnie Mandela and Robert Mugabe.. and... the list goes on ....

29 comments:

  1. What a beautiful list. I am so sad that you've never ridden a horse. Even I have ridden a horse.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know the oddest thing about that Janie?.. there is a stable ( where they offer riding lessons) not even 2 miles from me.!.

      Delete
    2. I've lived in Florida for five years and I've never gone to the beach.

      Delete
  2. Wow! A plot of land in West Africa! What a beautiful place in only my dreams. Hope you get to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks KaTy Did!.. me too that's for sure :)

      Delete
  3. Love your list, Dawna Lee; it's ambitious! I also love your welcome note <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, glad you liked!. Hmm it is quite ambitious isn't it..
      I can't help it.. it just rolled from the mind and onto the page :-)

      Delete
  4. Great list! I hope you dreams come true. We sponsor 2 kids in Sierra Leone. One of our church members goes there several times a year and he has set up an organisation that pays to put children through education in one of the poorest areas there. He was born there but now lives a comfortable lifestyle here in the UK and wanted to give something back. We felt it was a worthy thing to give money to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe:).. me too..
      You sponsor 2 children in Sierra Leone?.. that's so great Joe!
      Education is so important, what your church member is doing is truly fantastic....and yes..that sounds like a great organisation to support!

      Delete
  5. Hi, Dawna. What an awesome bucket list! Thank you for participating in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was my pleasure Susanne, I really enjoyed it. It certainly got me thinking:)

      Delete
  6. This is an amazing list, Dawna. You have got to ride that horse, look for a stable that offers lessons, you don't have to take them but they usually have a few very gentle and obliging horses for beginners. That's how I got on my first one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will visit that stable Catherine and i'll let them know I need an easy one:)

      Delete
  7. I remember when I rode a horse as a kid during a field trip and I was terrified. I love horses, but I'm not a rider. lol I started learning French as a teen but stopped. I've wanted to pick it back up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been on and off with french for years too.. but I love it, and really want to be good at it.
      I'm not sure if i'll be any good at riding lol.. but will try!

      Delete
  8. Lots of work ahead of you for that list, but it looks worth it.
    Best of luck.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly enough there to keep me busy Heather:)
      thanks!

      Delete
  9. You have such a wonderful and awesome list! I have a few of those on my list! Like the New York one, but I need to add ride in the taxi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the taxi thing... I don't know why..
      TV shows maybe lol!
      Hope you get to New York too..

      Delete
  10. I hope that every single thing on your bucket list comes true for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this list! I love horseback riding. I did it alot wheniw as a kid. I feel the same way abotu french. I'm reading this at work- when I get home I'm going to read this more thoroughly and respond more completely. It's giving me ideas about my own bucket list though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you got to ride horses as a kid?.. that's amazing!. yes Alieux, I remember you saying you love France and I really hope you've been able to start learning French:)..
      Would love to read your list..

      Delete
  12. Love your list! You and I should work on learning French together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oui Sherry! we should..
      There are some great vids on you tube actually that are a real help!
      and thanks for hosting the bucket list blog hop.. it was fun!

      Delete
  13. Hi Dawna!
    Your list is AMAZING.
    Sounds like you are a very upbeat person. So I say - go out and make it happen!
    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle! and nice to meet you too :)

      Delete
  14. What a wonderful bucket list, I hope you get to do most of these things. The scariest one to me, the New York Taxi (I have done it though, and survived.) Sorry I am so late to participate in this hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed my list ..thank you Rhonda:)

      Delete