Sunday 6 November 2011

Does my bum look small in this?:))

It’s not only women who are insecure about their bodies
Men are too
Men fret about beer bellies and sagging chests
Things not being big enough or small enough (depending on what it is)
So why does it sometimes seem as though they don’t give a damn?
Well...perhaps they're just able to deal with it better
But then truth is, there is really little pressure on men to look any particular way with regards to their bodies.
For example...a suit can hide a multitude of sins and it’s also (in certain sectors)a bit of a power symbol
So its win win for those who wear them
Also, I think that women are very kind and understanding about these things
So when a woman loves a man she really doesn’t see his physical imperfections
Or she sees them and loves them anyway as they are what make him... him
I think I told you the story about this guy that dumped his long time girlfriend because she put on weight
That’s not cool
What’s my point?
That as women we shouldn’t always be so hard on ourselves
And if a man wants to judge you harshly on your outside appearance
Tell him 'jog on'... or get naked if he’s brave enough

So if you’re in a relationship with someone.. help them to feel good about themselves
Because, when people feel good about themselves they tend to take better care of themselves anyway

So...the point of this tale?

Be nice to your partner
Happy SMSx

6 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I got this one...........

    I know that there are some men out there that are constantly concerned with both their looks and their appearance....I couldn't possibly care less about mine.

    I also learned a long time ago that when women make a statement like "do these pants make my butt look big" or "does this dress make me look fat". You ladies are just looking for positive reinforcement. You don't really want me to tell the truth and say something like "no your butt makes those pants look big" or "in that dress your ass looks like two pigs fucking in a sack". You ladies don't want us to tell the truth......you just want to feel good about yourselves. No problem.......I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...ahem.. yes Reggie.. you got it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. complicated one this. say nothing and wallow, say something and get a conk on the head for hating. My squinting eyes always give me away anyway :)

    like you said about some industries, in some cultures and certainly in mine a beer belly is a symbol of good living, that "big man" look. not anymore I hope lol! diabetes anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol ..so..you a squinty eyes chap eh.. I know of the raised eyesbrow or the ridiculous
    'areyouwearingthat?!?' or even.. ‘So what you wearing to go out in??’ ( hmmm that one is harsh deserving a head conk methinks!!)
    You know I pride myself on being somewhat culturally aware ( at least I try to be) but you know what...that escaped me!! I didn't really consider the big belly= big don thing.. .of course!!!

    Same for women.. the fatter the better in many cultures..
    I know the bum.. for lots of peeps..could never be too big!! 'Does my bum look big in this' is rarely heard in African or Carribean households:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha funny post....am struggling to perk up and acquire that African bum, but I have come to realise my trunk can only really take a small amount of junk and thats OK sigh lol.

    Although Occassionally when I have neglected the gym a few days, I also seek affirmation for do I look ok in this sometimes, its a confidence thing I suppose.

    But on the serious flipside to this post, you have some men/women who are known as feeders, yes the ones who exert control on their partners with so much food they appear fat or unattractive to others, and therefore they have no choice but to stay put(some would call that emotional and mental abuse)

    It's ironic we all know when things start sagging in the wrong directions, ok so why not start jogging or cutting back on certain luxuries??. Its called will power and at the best of times we all struggle with this concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been quite lazy in that department of late.. maybe I need a little ( as Kelly Rowland says..motivation:))
    Squats work a treat but can get a bit boring..

    Haven't got a trunk:(.. maybe a little suitcaselol.. it can only carry maybe swimwear and a pair of flip flops:)
    Great for the beach at Brighton, but Antigua??..hmmm may have to take a back seat..

    Saw a show about feeders Chilled.. that's some kinda kink!!
    My question is .. what does the feed-ee get out of it?

    I can be the most disciplined person, and the most undisciplined person.. yep can struggle with will power from time to time..

    ReplyDelete