Wednesday 13 July 2011

I am ..part 1

I’m a rock on the shoreline
A pebble on the beach
A drop of dew on a blade of grass
After dark as the park gates close
And the last visitor has left
I am the mud left on the seat of a swing
A crude chalk outline of a face on the paving

I’m the betting slip that never won
The scrunched up lottery ticket holder of a broken dream
An old dusty car in the garage forecourt
A mound of leaves on an autumn eve

I am the 1st dust on a coffin
The last mourner at a graveside
The 1st cry of a newborn child
The forgotten name of the midwife
You promised never to forget

I am a confiscated item at an airport
A key on a prison guards chain
The childless old couple at the end of a street
Who nobody knew

I am
A broken promise
An overused lie
An embarrassed smile
A story untold
A lost cat
A puppy returned
A decree nisi
A disregarded vow
I am the impossible
Made possible
I am that which I am
I am
Lonely

No comments:

Post a Comment