Sunday 15 January 2012

Romance is king....happy SMS x

For my SMS post today I want to talk about romance

I know a few women that have told me they would like their men to be more romantic
Men!!.. What’s up with that?...

The myth is... that black men are not romantic... and black women (many) tend to see white men as being more romantic, tactile and expressive..
Well...I can hereby proclaim that ... ladies... that is not the case... as I may just have stumbled across the most romantic man on the planet..

Anyway... to be fair..
I could argue that those with economic security can afford to be more romantic, and there’s nothing romantic about being broke... but I guess that would be to imply, generalise ,and to further fuel the stereotype that all black men are broke
That is not what I’m saying...
What I am saying is that economically... historically, life has, and in many cases is, tougher for black men. Why?... well because racism , hit’s the wallet... hard
Still ... I digress

Back to romance..
Romance need not cost a lot of money...
It can be as simple as writing a love letter, or going for a romantic walk in the park...
Yet, I would also say that as women... we could try and be a little more romantic too...
Please bear in mind there is a big difference between romance and sex...
Seems to me that the latter is used as a default position... and I think is often a bit of a lazy excuse for passion, romance, and love

Being in love is a gift
It’s an amazing feeling when you meet someone who you wish to share your life with
It’s to be enjoyed... everyday
And not... to be taken for granted...

What's the point of this tale?... well....if you love someone, show it.... that's romance x

1 comment:

  1. Being in love is a gift and it's wrapped in so many layers of crazy exciting moments catch you at the right time and you could get intoxicated :)

    ReplyDelete