Sunday 6 January 2013

That Football thing

I'm not really into football any more.
It lost it's appeal for me awhile back.
Having said that.. if asked.. I 'support' Arsenal, and have done since childhood.
I don't follow the game any more though as for me it's become a farce.

Anyway. I know many people do, and I still cast a glance every now and then at what's occurring.
My question is, should black players walk off when they experience racist chants from the crowd?

Personally, I can't understand why 'until recently' they haven't.
Some say.. ahh it's not serious.. it's just a joke etc, but no... I feel they should walk straight off, every single one of them... taking the ball with them.

Clubs whose fans 'misbehave' could face bans.. so why don't they?

I guess because football is big business.
Entertaining as it may be for some, I feel football fans could boycott games if they wanted to. But I guess, it's something to watch. it's sport, and it's not happening to them.

Shame that.




4 comments:

  1. You know most black people over 35 support Arsenal lol!

    Good on the breddah Kevin Boateng and a solid stand up to the foolish footballing body that is FIFA. What other profession would find such rubbish acceptable. As usual FIFA's Sepp Blatter has found a way to not get engaged and lay blame at the foot of the black players. Wankers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done that man
    Hey.. what's that about blacks and Arsenal? cheeky thing. Anyway.. I'm forever 25.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Football?!?

    There are times that I forget the difference in your football and our football. I guess men and sport go together like peanut butter and jelly. I love "American" football. I've tried to watch your brand and I just can't. I suppose we are comfortable with what we are familiar with.

    I absolutely love "our football".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that 'your football' as in 'our rugby'?.. the type where the guys are mega fit and run with the ball in their hands..
    yeah.. I quite like that

    ReplyDelete