Wednesday 11 December 2013

Schools out

No more lectures for this year, this term has gone by so fast!
I've really enjoyed it, I'm glad I chose social justice, so now to produce a piece of writing over the hols, that does it.. justice ( no pun intended)

A really nice bunch.. and I'm almost there.

This was posed to me today..

'What do you do, when you get to the emerald city and look behind the curtain and realize that the great wizard of oz really isn't that great after all'
Cliche?.. perhaps.. yet still I didn't have an answer.. however I did feel a sense of abstract disappointment.
I listened to the questioner and realized that at some point.. we all get to see behind the curtain if we want or choose to, as truth struggles to remain hidden.
This is the second person in 2 weeks to throw this line of questioning at me.

I think the point being made was that once you learn something.. you cannot pretend with ease of self.. that you haven't. You will see things very differently.. which can be painful..but ultimately will release you and set you free.
That's my take on what was being said

Just the other week a guy I was talking to said he felt a little pessimistic and cynical (looking at international human rights law/politics).. and said he found himself asking..
Is there a point?
I think that's a great question, and I love that he asks, as (through my lens) it shows that he cares about it a great deal.
I believe the answer to that question..is yes

2 comments:

  1. "What do you do, when you get to the emerald city and look behind the curtain and realize that the great wizard of oz really isn't that great after all'."

    Story of my life. Alot of situations come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..that kinda sucks..
    I reckon it helps to keep a sense of humour..

    ReplyDelete