Sunday 9 October 2011

5 cool quotes from Steve Jobs..

I must admit to knowing very little about the life of Steve Jobs, despite using his products daily, and perhaps without even realising his influence on the world.
I have since come across his very inspirational words, and insight, and thought I'd share a few..


1. "Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things. And the reason they were able to do that was that they've had more experiences or they have thought more about their experiences than other people."

2. "I'm as proud of what we don't do as I am of what we do."


3. "A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to them."

4. "Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected."

I think the quote that resonates with me most at this moment in time is this one...

5. "Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle."

No comments:

Post a Comment