Friday 14 October 2011

Forcing parents back to work..right or wrong?

The end of a busy week
So busy that I fell asleep mid conversation on the phone yesterday
I remember my name being called repeatedly and realised I had no idea what was happening.
Which is a bit rude actually, but I wanted to talk, so tried to hold on despite my increasing tiredness... probably best to ‘fess up' in future and postpone the call!

Anyway... thought of the day
Should parents be forced to look for work once their child/children turn 5? Or will it create more hardship for families who are already hard up?
Consider if you will wealthy families who can afford home help, or two parent families where the main breadwinner earns enough to enable 1 parent to stay at home.
Is is fair? And what impacts most on a child's development? having a parent at home (nurturing) or knowing a parent works hard to earn a living and 'contribute to society?

No comments:

Post a Comment