Thursday 17 March 2011

I have seen..the everlasting poem

I have seen the green shoots of spring
I have seen a grown man cry
I have seen unbridled joy on the face of a baby
I have seen sadness etched on old faces
I have seen the seasons change
I have seen a bus break down in the snow
I have seen a tree bear fruit
I have seen crowds sway with excitement
I have seen the red mists of an urban riot
I have seen calm after a storm
I have seen victory over exhaustion validate an athlete
I have seen mercy given by the merciful
I have seen a man lash out in anger
I have seen a woman’s rage
I have seen a teacher lose control of a classroom
I have seen a student put a book down in defeat
I have seen an argument begin from a single comment
I have seen friendships lost
I have seen two people fall in love
I have seen two people fall out of love
I have seen the beginnings of an affair
I have seen the end of one
I have seen faith in god restored
I have seen it lost
I have seen a boy grow into a man
I have seen a girl grow into a woman
I have seen a leader lost in leadership
I have seen the meek become forceful
I have seen a fake smile
I have seen a real smile
I have seen a person ostracized
I have seen a person welcomed
I have seen real friendships blossom
I have seen fake friendships fade
For I have seen much
Yet very little
For such a list could never be complete
Should never be complete
For such is the beauty of life
No day is the same
For all I have seen
I could never list
Yet I have seen
This
The everlasting poem

No comments:

Post a Comment