Thursday 22 December 2011

The audacity of hope?... or a right?..

A friend of mine is reading the book, the ‘Secret’.
I remember when the book was published, I felt I had read it before, because it contained information that I had in fact read, but from a variety of other books over the years. The secret was like the abridged version.. yet nontheless, a worthy and recommended read.

Anyway... we talked about visualisation, and she basically explained that the time felt right for her to do some ‘soul searching'... ( which always fills me with joy) as usually when people say that, they begin to develop and grow in wonderful ways.
She looked happy and at ease with the prospect of delving deep into her psyche, and finding out what it is she really wants.
We talked about her evolution from angry teenager/experiences of racism, and how she has learnt not to wear the robes of others.
Ready now to create her own

Now... I’ve never 'seen' my parents as young... but truth is...when they came to the UK; they were in fact... younger than I am right now! Today I thought about the courage and maturity of their generation, and their ability to remain positive. In the face of some fairly difficult times... they had hope!.
Maybe they visualised a life back home, had a plan to return, perhaps it was their faith/s...who knows... whatever it was ... it kept them going

I wonder then if the real poverty faced by some of our communities really is economic ... or if it’s a poverty of hope that keeps many captive in a cycle of despair.
Feeling hopeless has the ability to zap energy...the energy needed to propel one forward to achieve fulfilment. Hope is not necessarily an audacity... hope is a right; one to be cherished at all costs,...as there may be times... When hope... is all you have.

3 comments:

  1. I prefer not to look within. When I do that, I see bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed hope is a right, though some would argue hope is not a strategy. well that's debatable cos when you plough ahead with no clear finish line, "hope" that the end will be prove bountiful is usually all you have to go on. indeed we need more hope in our communities, that elusive optimism that there are better days

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Reggie.. bet there's some good stuff in there too!!:)
    @Chrome..a great point to argue .. 'hope is not a stratergy'
    But yes, it just may be
    also sounds like a great title for a book.. 'Hope.. as a stratergy!.. or .. the stratergy of hope!

    ReplyDelete