Tuesday 20 December 2011

Gruffalo moments:)...

A few weeks back I bought the Gruffalo and the Gruffalo's Child books for my grandson. We've since read it together several times and he enjoys it very much.
But this post is not really about the Gruffalo... or ‘bubba’ ( bless his cotton socks)
It’s about life.
I'll explain... but to do so , I need to return briefly to the Gruffalo:)



You see... I thought I knew what the book was about. I was sure I‘d read the story many times as a child, as an adult ... until I knew it backwards... just as I know Little Red Riding Hood or the Three Little Pigs.
It wasn’t until I sat down and read it that it dawned on me... I didn’t know the story at all!
What I knew was,...the legend of the Gruffalo, the myth... hear say... to the point where I had constructed a story around it, sure it was the real deal...

And I find that life, at times... is not much different.
There are times when I think I know something, sure of how something will turn out, confident I have a measure on this thing, when all of a sudden, I’ll turn a page... and blam!?!... I’ll be faced with something I’ve not only never been faced with before, but didn’t even see coming.




Life is a page turner. To be lived not through myth or hearsay... not to be lived through the lens of others...but through the reality of what truly is... your reality... and that can be a truly joyous thing

If I were to coin a phrase... I may be tempted to call the unexpected... a real 'Gruffalo moment'

2 comments:

  1. The Gruffalo I read the book too and want to take missy to go and see the play.....I like your reality spin on things though Dawna....

    'Life is a page turner. To be lived not through myth or hearsay'...how true unless you experience things your way how can you learn and move forward??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever little mouse eh!!
    Yes.. how else indeed!!

    bet the play will be great fun:)

    ReplyDelete