Thursday 30 June 2011

Starting over in love need not be scary..


I tend to think it's best to completely end one relationship before you begin another although it's not always possible, as sometimes things just tend to happen against what may ordinarily be called rational judgement.
Affairs of the heart are not always rational.

But to engage in two relationships simultaneously is risky. You can't really give a relationship your all, if part of you is still entangled with another person, whether that be physically, emotionally, or both

I always wonder why people continue to see people even after they profess the relationship is over.

To carry 'emotional' baggage into a new relationship can ruin what can potentially be a good thing.. and may result in you losing the very thing you say you want.

It must be difficult to love someone if they are still in part beguiled by someone else.. and to juggle must mean having to make up a whole range of stories (untruths)which in the end may make you appear un-trustworthy, deceitful, and a bit well...flaky.

and that applies to men and women..
Sure..starting over can be scary.. having to 'date' someone new.. wondering if they'll like you!.. getting up close and personal for the 1st time!!.. letting someone see you as you really are.. all your imperfections!!..yes all nerve racking 'stuff' but..it's also exciting .. isn't it?

Have you ever been the juggler or the juggled.. how did that feel?
Did it compromise your integrity?
Or was it a whole lot of fun;-)

3 comments:

  1. When I was younger.........and hornier, I was known to engage in more than one relationship at a time. Now.....I don't see it being worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely do feel starting over is scary indeed but isn't everthing we do risky??...
    Certainly been juggled and I didn't find it funny at all nearly developed crazy black woman syndrome....in my terms just imagine the ragging bull charging on into their tourmenter at any given opportunity....:)))

    That senario drove me nuts but had a fun aspect to it at the same time....I was out of my depths and had lost control of my emotions trust me not a good look.

    Been the juggler too, had a much better perspective of the situation whilst talking to two people at the same time. Gave me an opportunity to assess me and the potential suitors who turned out to be flukes anyway so no love lost, except our time is precious and when you spend soo long getting to know someone only to not gain anything from the interaction it sucks.

    The battle continues :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is certainly a big factor. When you're younger you do have the energy for more 'drama'

    But as you grow up as you rightly said, time becomes more precious, and you dont want to waste it. you become cautious, yet I think we all still have that young free spirit within us!, hopefully to be shared fully with someone special:)

    ReplyDelete