Thursday 21 June 2012

Getting what you want

Sometimes I think that life is all about getting what you want.
Whether 'you' seek enlightenment or 'you' seek a new pair of trainers
Ultimately, it’s about having 'your' way.

If what we all want is to have our own way, then conflict makes perfect sense. Conflict is often a result of one stopping another, or standing in the way of another, from getting their will.
Ironically, if we recognise that all another person wants is what ‘we’ want also, then there really should be no conflict at all! Yet even more ironically perhaps, some of the greatest conflict in the world, arises out of two people or groups, who want the same thing.

So...Is it possible for everyone to have their own way?
We are sophisticated animals, and we can intellectualise it all the 'live long day'
but I have a feeling, it's all about fulfilling ones will.


7 comments:

  1. depends what it is....I wanted sweets today and I went to the shop and got them. Its about how much control you have in the situation and for those things or scenarios that hinges on another person your guess is as good as mine, all could go smoothly for you or worst case a complete disaster!!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they had run out of sweets because everyone else had bought them you would have been sweet-less B.C

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no I wouldn't lool....I can always make my own sweets just need the right ingredients its all about timing and the correct list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol.. okay Ms sweet tooth.. there's been a run on sugar.. in fact.. there is no sugar or sweet making facilities in all the land... now what would you do....

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh there you go setting me off aint ya......lets think fastttt here... boi am gonna have to go back to basics ok find some raw sugar cain and produce me own sweetner...no sweet making facilities improvise rub two sticks together make a fire find an old tin pan and make me own candy by simply reducing the semi refined sugar I would have produced from the natural source which would be my sugar can.....ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. loool...
    I would have just gone without sweets lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha well lets just say I like a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete