Friday 29 June 2012

Sideline story J Cole


It’s difficult for anyone to live on the sidelines.
To be a bit part player in their own lives.
To have it all To have it all and lose it all.
Yet somehow,
Keep going.
People take risks and construct bridges.
They elevate their minds and their situations
They free themselves from bondage
Be it mental, or physical
They feel pain and live pain
Yet through it all they smile
Sometimes I wonder how is it possible
Yet I know it’s real because I see it
To concede that people live their dreams every day
Constructed from their minds and into reality
Dreams that sometimes can feel like a nightmares
As no one knows he turn of the dice
Which is what
Life.
Believe in who you are
The mirror talks back
Must be hard if you can't even see your reflection



You know... when people tell me sad stories it often makes me feel a little tearful. I tend to mask it.. well... it's best sometimes. I'm told that.. "truth is Dawna, people go through their situations for a reason, and sad as it may seem 'you' really don't know the greater forces at play.. or for that matter, the part they may have played in the creation of their reality.. and wish as you may... you.. can't fix it!".
Yes we do create our reality..
Yet my issue ( as I have one) with the creation of our own reality is simple. We are not just single entities, 'others' can and will impact on our lives positively or negatively, and whilst we can take responsibility for our actions, the actions of another is an entirely different matter.
Still...I guess the true power lies with us, in how we react.. or respond in return

Why J Cole?...
From the piano intro right through it made me think..




No comments:

Post a Comment