Wednesday 10 August 2011

Away from the angry rhetoric.. somewhere out there


The news is gloomy, the economy’s in a mess , London saw riots, and a man can be extradited.
Not your usual mid week antics granted but still..It’s only mid week

I don’t smoke, rarely drink, so maybe a book tonight, a movie and chill
Bubbles? Perhaps! – maybe a fragrant oil instead as I find that really relaxing
Gotta shake it off – shake 'em off, shake it all off
Already I've become tired of hearing the angry rhetoric, hard line, lock em up an throw away the key comments I’ve been hearing on the news – not quite sure how I feel about our P.Ms statements, and many others, yet, nothings been said you wouldn't expect to be said to be fair.
Sad for the families of those injured, or worse.. no words can heal their pain

Now, I just wanna chill out and put all that to one side for tonight
A few words to kick start the process..

He…

He made me tea
Cooked me a meal
Told me things I wanted to hear
He bought me gifts
Some large some small
Wrote me a sonnet
and sang me a song
He wrapped his arms
around my waist
secured me tightly in his embrace
He was there
I wasn't alone
He made me smile

We’d talk awhile
We’d laugh awhile
I almost thought we’d last awhile
We'd fight awhile
make up awhile
I became accustomed to him
Just for awhile
I liked him then
I like him now
But he’s not you
It would not do


ps England are winning at Cricket!









No comments:

Post a Comment