Thursday 4 August 2011

Holiday firms gone bust, and crying babies!!!.. 'hope you're good at school and do your homework'...


On the news last night they spoke to a family who had to return home after it transpired that the holiday firm they'd booked with had gone bust.
Sad state of affairs. Whilst I feel it for the family what struck me was the little boy who was crying his eyes out, I wanted to reach in and say... 'get a bloody grip'!!

It made me realise just how lucky some kids are, to become so accustomed to flying out (i assume) that he was absolutely gutted his holiday was up the spout.
Surely if anyone should be crying it should be his parent/s??

Well I never. If that were my kids ( when they were that young age) they would have been like , 'Oh well.. that was a waste of the the taxi fare!!'.. 'ooh.. can we eat our sandwiches now mum???'... seriously...couldn't give a monkeys

Never ceases to amaze me

ps I feel a limerick coming on.. hmmm..
'Little Tommy Tucker.. spoilt little ...... 'x

8 comments:

  1. Dawna! have a heart lol! little Tommy probably has a magical view of the world. I mean, who knows where the parents told him they were traveling too

    uhh my brother said he was going to Turkey later in the month, gotta call him

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.. that was a bit harsh of me wasn't it.. yeah..i'm sorry little Tommy wont be able to enjoy the magical view of his his chip sandwich at Bennidorm this year.. :)guess it'll be the £1.50 special on 'da corner'.. I'm kidding!!..
    (gosh i'm in a mischievous mood today!!)Okay -okay, i'll be nice.. i'm sure little Tommy's a wonderful little lad with kind and gener..... errrrr... 'Bite me!'

    Seriously.. I hope your bro has a nice time Chrome

    ps to anyone out there who's plans have been messed up... I am truly sorry.. honest :)
    I hear if you paid by card you should get a full refund!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that kid was so inherently 'media savvy' that he probably knew a few prime time tears would help their cause.

    Love your posts by the way Dawna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Grogan:). I agree with you! his little cute face dripping with tears - certainly brought out my softer side;)
    In all honesty, it was so effective -I can't even remember the story that ran after it!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL that poor kid hmmmmmmmmMMMMMM

    I kinda got my daughter into the habit of travelling too....couple of weeks before school ended for holidays she was proper bugging me mum where are we going on holidays......still haven't heard the end of it. For her it's not about the holiday more so spending time with me so thank goodness don't do spoilt BRATS............

    Dawna mischievous thats the best mood ever try it for a week you'll be buzzing :))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chilled Leo - I think it's great for children to spend quality time with their parent/s, take a holiday and.. chill.. * and I bet your daughter's as cute as a bag full of yummy marshmellows:)x..yet for some reason i can't stop laughing 'bout that kid*

    I'm sure the reporter asked him how he felt, and at one point the boy kinda moved forward like he really wanna kick down the camerman, but he just turned away crying into his sleeve
    'Proper' 2min drama

    So.. off anywhere nice??:) lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it had been my mom, she would've said, "Girl, hush before I really give you something to cry about!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha yes.. @Chocolate Covered Daydreams.. I hear that!!,.. that phrase combined with a well placed 'look'...lol:)
    your lip might start to tremble.. but with fear and shame lol!!!

    *'and don't bother cry when you get home either.. you better go read a book.. clean your room or play with the child next door!!!!'.. 'bout you warn cry!!..you pay fi it?? you working..??lol*

    ReplyDelete