Monday 26 January 2015

Mothers & daughters pt 2. ft Wiz kid - On top your matter

I have a daughter.
She's amazing, beautiful, smart, talented, and all the things I could have ever wanted in a daughter.
However... during the teens and early 20's we fought like cat & dog.
We argued as she'd wear my clothes, I'd get upset, as they kept disappearing etc.. it was crazy..
Yet, somehow, it passed.
We grew up perhaps. ( to be fair, and looking back, we were both kinda young)
I didn't get it
.. a little inexperienced maybe
The love I have for my daughter is immeasurable

I remember the saying.. 'This too shall pass'
I think about me and my mum
.. and maybe it will, maybe it won't

I can honestly say.. I don't know
It's deeper than who's wearing whose clothes
The saying offers some comfort though...hope in the absence of my own
I'll take that for now


2 comments:

  1. It will pass Dawna. Life's too short. I have 4 sons in Scotland who haven't spoken to me in ten years. I watch their lives unfold on Facebook of all places. I awoke a few months ago and did my daily ritual of 'seeing what they were doing' - imagine my surprise at discovering one of them now lives here in the very State I live in, in Australia. I'm doing all I can to rebuild bridges, forge connections and put my love on open display...if it is shunned, of course it will hurt...but I will be comforted by the knowledge that 'I did all I could'. At the end of the day 'doing all you can' is as good as it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rory
    ..and I hope your efforts are rewarded, and you reunite with your sons someday

    ReplyDelete